At our Handover Evening at The Blue Boar on Thursday 25th June 2015, our President Pesh was re-elected as our President for a further year and Frances Miles was appointed as our President Elect.
This Thursday, 17th July, we will meet at The Volunteer
6.15 to 6.30pm for a meal.
A three course meal is available for £11.95 or choose from the main menu.
There will be white water rafting to see from 8.00 to 9.00 pm
and we should be able to have coffee in the restaurant.
From The Volunteer car park, turn let and take the first left at the roundabout, Meridian Way.
Follow Meridian Way past two roundabouts until you reach traffic lights.
The Royal Gunpowder Mills will be opposite.
Turn left, go over the canal bridge and turn right into the White Water Rafting Centre
just after traffic lights at a pedestrian crossing.
Follow the road round. Pass the first three parking areas
and look for the purple car parking area.
Head for the Reception and the café is upstairs
with access to a viewing platform if you do not wish to walk around the site.
Tony and Frances would like to express their sincere gratitude to all who attended and took part in the
‘50:50 Charity Ball’ on Saturday March 1st 2014.
It looks as though the Rotary Club of Loughton and Buckhurst Hill will have raised over £4,800.00.
This is more than was hoped for and we want to give thanks for our guests’ generosity
and for making the evening such a success.
We are particularly thankful to:
- The Prince Regent Hotel, especially Matthew & Nicola and their colleagues.
- String Fever (weren’t they amazing!)
- Ian Leigh – our singer, DJ, technician, master ceremonies, and dancer … what a guy! (Shame we had to end the dancing at 1am.)
- Craig Edwards – our talented pianist.
- Barclays: for approving, in principle, a matched grant of up to £1,000.00 (included in the above figure) in recognition of the work and support of Norman Darling, our auctioneer and banker!
- Louise Keeble and Daniel Robinson and Sons Funeral Directors who helped with organisation and also organized our ‘Heads and Tails’ competition with ‘Tea for two at the Savoy’ as a prize.
- Michael Steven’s Estates who supported our printed prgramme.
- Dick Nathan, London Rotary District Governor and Eve Conway, who will be a future President of Rotary in Britain and Ireland
- Pesh Kapasiawala, our photographer.
- Shirely Kirk and Adrian Faiers for bringing and errecting the ShelterBox.
- Deborah Hall from Chigwell Riding Trust for Special Needs.
- Revd Dr Joanne Cox – for saying Grace.
- All memebrs of the Rotary Club of Loughton and Buckhurst Hill.
- And everyone else who we’ve not named but who helped, donated prizes, attended, or made donations!
Should anyone still feel so moved, we will leave our online donation page open at:
Among the quotes after the event:
‘What a night! I can honestly say that was the best and most enjoyable occasion I have ever had the pleasure of attending … I can’t thank you enough for putting on such a great event. To have raised that amount of money is phenomenal and I’m sure you must be very pleased and at the same time relieved that it went so well.’
“Just a note to thank you and Frances for a fantastic evening. All your hard work certainly paid off. Stringfever were the best act I have seen in a long while. They created such a great atmosphere and had the whole room buzzing. The singer/DJ was also excellent …”
‘Just a note to thank you for organising such a fantastic evening; the pace was fast; clearly you are not slowing down just yet! We really enjoyed the evening; in particular Stringfever – very entertaining, fun and different! Well done on the event and raising such a tidy sum for two excellent causes.”
the 10th ‘Youth Makes Music’, on Friday, 28th February at Chigwell School.
Tony & Frances Miles
warmly invite you to this special event
The 50:50 CHARITY BALL
to raise money for two charities via the Rotary Club of Loughton and Buckhurst Hill.
Tony & Frances are both Rotarians and Tony is currently President of their club.
They want those attending to have a great evening, whilst raising money for:
For more information: